PARENTAL INVOLVEMENT AND VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES
A "parent-owned" school depends upon the support of the parents in order to function. The parents of MSR have a history of enthusiastic participation, and we welcome families that understand the importance of playing a direct role in supporting the education of their children. The children at MSR benefit in immeasurable ways from seeing their parents take an active role at their school. By their involvement, active parents underscore the importance of education and the value of each and every child.
All parents of enrolled students are requested to do a minimum of 10 hours of parent service during each school year, but are asked to contribute as many hours as their schedules permit. There are several reasons for this:
- Parents who serve are providing excellent role models for their children;
- Parent service helps keep tuition at affordable levels; and
- Parent service is fun! It provides a way for families to interact with other families, building close knit ties within the school community.
There are many ways to fulfill parent service obligations. Just a few examples include:
- Listening to children read;
- Making classroom materials;
- Assisting the teachers as room parents;
- Helping with the outdoor classroom;
- Assisting at carpool;
- Participating in the school’s annual fundraisers; and
- Volunteering to serve on the Parent Group committee – parent volunteers who work on school functions, organize school events and sponsor parent education.