We are looking forward to a wonderful 2018-19 school year! This letter includes important information regarding registration. We ask that you read through it thoroughly and contact us with any questions. Please complete all registration forms and return to the school by Monday June 25, 2018.
Forms may be completed and returned the school in person, by postal mail or email.
If mailing forms, please address to:
700 Woodward Ave
Ruston, LA 71270
If emailing forms, please send to:
TUITION PAYMENTS AND OPTIONAL SERVICES
- Tuition is payable in 10 monthly installments (July through April). Please find and complete the ACH form to set up ten automatic, monthly payments from your checking account. Payments will be deducted on the 1st of each month – July through April.
- Tuition is payable in full by July 1, 2018. Families paying the annual tuition in full by this date will receive a 5% discount.
- Please see the Tuition and Fee Schedule sheet for details regarding prepayments and sibling discounts.
- A supply fee of $275 is due by September 1, 2018 and can be paid at any time between now and then. Many parents opt to send a post dated check with their registration forms to cover this fee.
- Extended care is available every morning from 7:30am and every afternoon until 5:30 pm. Please see the Extended Care options and fees form for payment options and fee details.
Our school’s parent teacher group, MAPS (Montessori Active Parents and Staff) charges a family fee of $25 due by July 1, 2018. This fee covers membership and provides every student with a water bottle for use at school as well as a family subscription to Tomorrow’s Child Magazine. Each issue is filled with articles that address the questions parents most often ask about Montessori schools and Montessori in the home.
NEW STUDENTS must have a health appraisal form completed. We are required to have updated immunizations records for all students prior to August 15, 2018.
CHILD INFORMATION FORM, PAYMENT CONDITION FORM, RELEASE OF LIABILITY FORM, AND HELATH FORMS MUST BE TURNED IN. In case of an emergency or urgent notice, it is important that we can quickly reach you. Please keep your child’s information sheet updated throughout the year with any phone, address, email changes, or persons authorized to pick up your child. We will not release your child to anyone other than those listed on your child’s info form (unless special arrangements have been made through the school office).
PARENT –TEACHER WORK DAY
Help us out by marking your calendar for Parent-Teacher Work Days that are set for Saturday, August 4 and Saturday, August 11. Our work day on August 4 will occur in conjunction with our Back to School Rummage Sale to be held at the country club, and parents may work at the school or assist with the Rummage Sale. We will begin around 8am. Parents who are unable to attend either workday are charged a $75 contribution fee which helps cover the cost of supplies needed repairs and maintenance. Our community looks forward to these days together preparing our school for the upcoming year. It is a great time to reconnect and meet new friends. Please leave "little helpers" at home for this event.
A copy of the 2018-19 school calendar is available. It is also available here. Our school follows the Lincoln Parish School Board for any weather related closings.
An updated digital copy of Montessori School Parent Handbook will be emailed to all parents. Please read the handbook carefully.
PERMISSION TO POST PHOTOGRAPHY
We often post pictures of our students on our website, Facebook page, Instagram and on promotional materials. Please complete and return the form giving us permission to use photographs of your child for these purposes.
If you have questions regarding any of the forms or information in this newsletter post, please contact us by phone at 318.251.1590 or email schoolofficeMSR@gmail.com. We will return your call or email you as soon as possible.
We look forward to working with you and your child in the 2018-19 school year!
Dr. Lisa Post
Please note, the deadline for returning registration information is June 25, 2018 and should include the following:
- Official banking form for tuition withdrawals (ACH form).
- Extended care sign-up
- Health Form (Immunization records or updates with the State Seal)
- Child Information Form (for EACH child enrolled at MSR)
- Liability Release form
- Time and Talent Survey
- Parent Service Hour Contribution form
- Permission to use photography form
- Copy of Social Security Card (NEW Elementary Students ONLY)