TOGETHER WE CAN DO MORE.
We engage our parents as our most important co-worker (partner) in the important work we are doing. Our parents enrich our community with energy, ideas, enthusiasm and often much needed skills and talents. By volunteering, our parents gain a better understanding of our school's mission and educational philosophy. Children benefit from seeing their parents contribute to their learning as it instills in them a sense of shared value in the work they do every day at school.
The Work Partnership is designed to strengthen the quality of the volunteer program and to keep tuition increases to a minimum.
This year's volunteer and Work Partnership opportunities include:
- Book Fair Volunteers work with MSR staff to set-up, breakdown, and staff the Annual Spring Book Fair.
- Classroom Jobs are available throughout the year including laundry, animal care, field trip chaperoning, visiting classrooms to share family traditions, work experience/careers, travel experiences, listen to readers, or come to celebrate with the class. You can receive more information on these opportunities at from your child's teacher.
- Classroom Substitutes work in the classrooms and support our students and teachers directly. To be eligible please complete a substitute agreement form and contact Angela Meeds at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Lunch Program Volunteers can contact Angie Biscomb at email@example.com if you can help.
Parent Association Opportunities:
- MSR Fall Festival: This festive fall family event will take place annually in the fall. You can be part of the fun by planning a day your family will not forget! Volunteers work the event, including both set-up and clean up, and our parents donate food and prizes to earn Work Bond credits.
- Grandparents and Special Friends Day: This wonderful annual event will be held on the Friday before Thanksgiving Break. On this special day, we welcome MSR Grandparents and Special Friends onto our campus for the morning. Volunteers work the day before, and the day of the event, to set-up, clean up, greet guests, and to serve as campus guides.
- Appreciation Committee: A group of volunteers help throughout the year to coordinate and provide Faculty and Staff Appreciation. Special treats and surprises can be purchased or homemade. The committee also chairs Teacher's appreciation week held the week prior to Spring Break.
- Crawfish for Chameleons: This spring fundraiser is MSR's largest and best-attended event! There are many ways you can be a part of this amazing night. Volunteers work on acquisitions, decor, event planning, classroom projects, and more! Event planning for the Auction starts in the fall. The Auction is set for Saturday, May 4, 2019.
- Parent Work Day: We schedule four parent work days throughout the year. We ask that all parents participate in at least one parent work day per year. Volunteer for the next parent work day here.
For more information on any of the MAPS opportunities, please contact Angie Biscomb, MAPS Chair, at firstname.lastname@example.org. We also invite you to log volunteer credits or complete an updated time and talent survey.